8 April 2010

Early morning baking


Flapjacks


This morning I quickly made some flapjacks to go with my coffee, and to make everywhere smell yummy.

I was silly last night but luckily my computer is alright today. Last night I knocked over a massive glass of water on the table like an idiot and managed to just save my computer. The tidal wave of water got my phone, which was acting weird last night but seems ok now. Glad they're all fine.


Close-up flapjacks


I based my recipe on a flapjack recipe from 'Rachel Allen's food for living' book, I just changed a few bits.

290g butter
2 generous tbsp runny honey
75g soft light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
75g wholemeal flour
315g oats

Preheat your oven to gas mark 4 (180 degrees celsius).
1) Place your butter, golden syrup, sugar and vanilla extract in a large saucepan. Bring up to a simmer and stir allowing the butter to melt. When the mixture is smooth, take off the heat and add the flour and oats.
2) Stir to mix and spread into a swiss roll tin measuring 25 x 35 cm (I used a roasting tray).
3) Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins until golden. Cut into squares while still hot and then remove to a wire rack to cool.


Just out the oven


That flapjack square in the top right corner of the tray is all crumbly because I had to try it. They are seriously yummy, and go well with my coffee.


Flapjacks and coffee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...